It's been a long time since I first heard about Pinterest and thought, "I should really check that out," but something inside would always say, "Not yet! You won't be able to stop and you don't have time!" (And the prideful person in me gets bugged by all those crafy-do-it-all's always talking about their latest fab project or idea they found on "Pinterest" and "Oh- you haven't been on there yet- oh you poor shabby little thing you. I've known about the site for AGES and it is just the BEST thing!" I realized it was the kind of site I'd love and yet hate to love because of the conversations like that it would produce. So I put it off.)
Well tonight after searching my usual go-to's for ideas I wasn't satisfied. So I cracked and it turns out I was right. I became an instant believer of how AMAZING Pinterest is simply because people are AMAZING and do AMAZING things that I am far too un-clever enough to think of... and follow through with :-)
I searched for 'birthday cupcakes' and the result was overwhelming. And so fun! Naturally after viewing about a hundred different ideas (in thumbnail picture form) I had to look at some recipes, then things to do with the kids, etc. :)
Now, I'm not saying that from now on I'll be visiting everyday and it will become my new time-wasting website, but since I've gotten over the initial visit, it is now a new top resource for ideas. Though because I was right about needing to check it out, I don't want to be right about not having the time for it because it consumes my time instead of saving or improving my time spent. We'll see how that goes- I'm thinking I need to set some guidelines for myself though because I will get too distracted by SO MUCH COOL STUFF!
What are some things that help you stay focused when looking for things online?
Afterthought: I just looked at the homepage again and after seeing the brilliant things there..."Oh man this is going to be horrible." I love it all :-) I hate you Pinterest! haha
Friends & Family
- Aaron & Loren
- AJ & Hilary
- Brad & Janelle
- Chad & Shannon
- Danny & Julee
- Dave & Jennie
- Derek & Mikael
- Doug & Sarah
- Erin
- Fred & Kristina
- Garth & Adria
- Jake & Kimberly
- Jandon & Angela
- Jared & Cheryl
- Jeb & Jayme
- Jeff & Jennifer
- Jim & Kathie
- Joe & Bonnie
- Jose & Krystal
- Kenny & Tasha
- Kessler
- Kevin & Jen
- Kyle & Clara
- Luke & Mariah
- Mike & Brooke
- Nolan & Amber
- Pete & Sandy
- Ryan & Lacee
- Shaeli
- Tyler & Amy
- Tyson & Jen
Labels
- apartment
- Babies
- bike
- birthday
- camping
- challenge
- change
- Christmas
- church
- confession
- date
- Easter
- family
- for fun
- funny
- games
- holiday
- home
- kids
- list
- mix
- mod
- money
- motherhood
- move
- mystery
- politics
- pregnancy
- project
- rant
- rave
- realization
- school
- sports
- story
- summer
- teaching
- Texas
- thoughts
- top 10
- vacation
- winter
- work
1 comment :
That's how I felt/feel. I put if off because I knew I would want to spend a lot of time on it and it would add more projects I didn't have time for to the list. But I've been on it for a month or so now... way too much. But I have made a whole bunch of the recipes I've pinned and done some of the fun kid ideas too.
Post a Comment