Today in the mail I received something very odd.
Oddity #1: It was hand addressed to LaRee Garrity. As much as I like the sound of my middle name right next to my last, why on earth would someone address a card to me that way?
Oddity #2: There was NO return address or any indication of WHO sent this to me. Just postmarked on Apr 4th in Salt Lake. Hmm.
Oddity #3: Inside was a homemade card for a ....belated birthday. But, my birthday isn't for another two-ish weeks. What the?
Oddity #4: No signature of WHO sent this to me!!
The card was cute, and had a mixture of fun paper and glued on things (can you tell I'm not super crafty haha- not sure what those glued on things are called!) and stamps. I am just so confused. Keegan said it was probably a senile old woman who looked up our address and sent it.... but I thought even senile older women would at least SIGN the card :-) Plus we haven't lived here long enough for our address to be attached to our names. One possibility is that someone from my mission or a student I taught that didn't really know my first name could have sent it. But really WHAT in the world? Anyone have any clues?
I'm of course totally over thing this... is someone messing with me? WHICH friend used to call me LaRee?? Is this some trick of Keegan's? But Why? haha- oh well who knows! I'll try and post a picture of it tomorrow so others can puzzle over it with me :-) I like a bit of a mystery!
*A year later on my birthday, I got a very similar card to the one above. It was from a sweet lady that I go to church with who makes a card for every woman who goes there! This time she put her return address :-) Mystery solved!
Friends & Family
- Aaron & Loren
- AJ & Hilary
- Brad & Janelle
- Chad & Shannon
- Danny & Julee
- Dave & Jennie
- Derek & Mikael
- Doug & Sarah
- Erin
- Fred & Kristina
- Garth & Adria
- Jake & Kimberly
- Jandon & Angela
- Jared & Cheryl
- Jeb & Jayme
- Jeff & Jennifer
- Jim & Kathie
- Joe & Bonnie
- Jose & Krystal
- Kenny & Tasha
- Kessler
- Kevin & Jen
- Kyle & Clara
- Luke & Mariah
- Mike & Brooke
- Nolan & Amber
- Pete & Sandy
- Ryan & Lacee
- Shaeli
- Tyler & Amy
- Tyson & Jen
Labels
- apartment
- Babies
- bike
- birthday
- camping
- challenge
- change
- Christmas
- church
- confession
- date
- Easter
- family
- for fun
- funny
- games
- holiday
- home
- kids
- list
- mix
- mod
- money
- motherhood
- move
- mystery
- politics
- pregnancy
- project
- rant
- rave
- realization
- school
- sports
- story
- summer
- teaching
- Texas
- thoughts
- top 10
- vacation
- winter
- work
1 comment :
did you ever find out any more about the card?
Post a Comment