
Rowan had his first ear infection a couple of weeks ago and so he started taking a 10 day does of amoxicillin to clear up the bacteria. On about day 7 he started getting light little bumps all over and they just got worse. I figured it was the medicine because I'm allergic to it and was watching for something like this. Wanting to be completely sure it was the amoxicillin and not something else, I took him into the doctor. It continued to get worse (as the doc warned me it would) but since has gotten MUCH better. I did kind of feel bad for the mom that walked in right behind me at the doctors office. She had a look like "What in the world does that boy have and keep him AWAY from my kids!" I kind of had to laugh to myself and wanted to tell her it wasn't the measles and not to worry. :-) He has still been happy go-lucky Rowan lately with just a bit more fussiness and night wakings so it hasn't been bad at all. Nonetheless I am kind of relieved that we didn't have to take him to church this week and could watch General Conference to hear prophets and apostles speak from home!
2 comments :
So what exactly was the rash from? Poor guy. I know how it feels to be on both ends of a rash. As the parent you know your kids isn't going to pass it on, but as the "other parent" you think why in the heck are you bringing your child out into public :)
Janelle, I could read that moms face because I know I totally would have thought the same thing if I was her :-) His rash was from the allergic reaction to the amoxicillin. :-(
Post a Comment