September 27, 2010

8 Weeks To a Better You CHALLEEEENGE!!! (Almost like a Red Light Challeeenge! ;-)


For the past while I've been in a funk.... so what better to break it than a little competition and goal setting? A friend in my ward decided to do this challenge and when I saw it I knew if I didn't do it I would remain in my funkified state for a long time and it was getting old! The rules are pretty easy- you get one point per day in 10 different areas for a possible 10 points. You complete one thing, you get a point- you don't do it, then no point for you. Whoever gets the most points at the end of the 8 weeks wins (most of) the pot of $. The rest of the $ goes to a random person who completed the majority of the challenge.

What I like most about this challenge is that it doesn't merely focus on the physical aspect of things, but the spiritual and emotional as well. Here's the daily list in case you didn't go to the link...
Physical
1-Exercise 45 min
2- Sleep at least 7 hours
3-Drink 8 glasses of water
4-No Sugar
5-No pop or junk food
6- Eat at least 2 servings of fruit & 2 servings of vegetables
7-No eating past 8pm
Emotional/Spiritual
8-Write in your journal
9- Read your scriptures for at least 15 min
10-Complete an act of service
(One free day is permitted every week)

Today was day one and it went pretty well. (If I can't do it on the first day then that would be pretty sad!) I was tempted to not 'buy-in' and just do it all on my own... but knowing me I would have given in after a few temptations so I'm glad I committed! It's going to be great!

PS-It's not too late to join in! =)

2 comments :

Day Family Blog said...

Hey so did you win that Gold's Gym thing? If not you should join Shannon and I. 45 minutes of exercise does get a bit tedious doesn't it. I am doing my free day today for date night. Sorry I am not rubbing that in :) So you been doing pretty well, that is awesome. It will be interesting to see how many perfect scores there will be the first week. Glad you signed up so you could get defunkdified :) Let me know about the gym.

Anonymous said...

M & K, Suppose I will write here rather than go to an e-mail. Have not kept up so had to go back a ways to cover most of the news. Have to admit the babies are great, and if Rowan is not the image of his dad I will put in with you. Elections were a bit disappointing, but I am hoping there will be some good things coming. I especially enjoyed your look at the healthcare plan, which may be somewhat dismantled by the new congress. I am fully in favor but was blown away by the very negative conservatives in our ward. So short sighted I could not believe it. Then I found out most of the ward seem to be fans of Beck, Hannity, and Limbaugh. What else can I expect. No wonder I left Bend after high school. Glad to see you are enjoying marriage and children so much. It can be such a joyous time in your lives. What is K's new job? Is work fairly easy to find there? Things pretty tough here in Bend, even if it is a great place to live. I enjoy your blogs. How is the hockey going? I loved to skate but never saw myself in hockey. Love you!, GGDad