April 20, 2010

28th Birthday


Like most years for my birthday, I wanted to keep things simple but fun. The one thing I REALLY wanted was to be able to test out the jogging stroller! Kim bought it off Craigslist for us and brought it during spring break. It had been almost a month and the weather never seemed to cooperate when I had a chance to go out. Well my birthday "wish" came true and I got my warm weather! After putting some air in the tires we were all ready to go!

We walked to the nearest Domino's Pizza to pick up my birthday dinner- complete with free Cinnastix thanks to a coupon found in a birthday card from K-Poo and Dalen :-) I LOVE those things! Taking an alternate way home, we stopped at our church house which has a pavilion and enjoyed some shade. After feeding the babies and ourselves, we let Miri and Roe munch on the crusts. They are loving grown up food more and more- it's cute.

Gotta love Miriam's flared nostril look- haha.

Other fun things about the day...
-Karinne came over like usual on Wednesdays and it was a fun way to start off the day!
-I got to pick Keegan up from work around One O'clock because he took a half day off!
-Then we headed over to Casper's Ice Cream to meet Meghan for an 85 cent ice cream cone...mmmmm!

-While we were getting ready for our walk, a delivery man from Lee's Marketplace came and brought a gorgeous bouquet of tulips! As I came down the stairs and saw them I said, "That smells like your mom" to Keegan- and I was right :-) Thanks Kim & Rick!

-As we were buckling the babes up for our walk Nolan and Amber dropped by with a Cookies and Cream ice cream pie...mmm!

-Dalen stopped by with a box of Cinnamon Life... one of my favorites :-)

Thanks everyone for the notes, messages on FB, etc. It was a GREAT day!!

3 comments :

Kristina said...

Happy Birthday!!! I can't believe we're 28 this year and that you have 2 babies! I guess it helps that they are twins... feed two birds with one seed, right? It sounds like it was a great day.

Mikael said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY-belated! Your babes are getting HUGE! Isn't it crazy how fast they grow. I am just amazed. I still think my boys are little babies though, then I see them next to real babies and I am in shock that they really aren't "babies" anymore... whoops! Then I get a bit sad....
You are looking great. If you are able to job with those kids that is a miracle! My boys would NEVER last 5 minutes. I MISS YOU!

Tasha said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Glad it was a good day. Your babies look like so much fun as well.