I love Grandmas! This week was Kim's (Keegan's mom) spring break so she planned on bringing as many "grandmas and great-grandmas" as possible with her on a trip to Utah. Well, as surprised as some people may be, grandmas are pretty busy people so not too many could come, but it was so nice to have (Great) Grandma Manaton and Grandma Garrity (Kim) come for the week. We had four generations in the house for a little while :-) I have to hand it to Grandma Manaton too. I don't know too many great-grandmas in their 70's that would hop in a car for a long road trip, go to late night hockey games in a cold ice arena, or be willing to hold babies for hours and hours. Well, okay maybe that last part they would be willing to do, but she was a trooper and it was nice to get to know her a little better.When the grandmas first walked in the door, Miriam and Rowan didn't know how to take these "strangers" coming into their house, but after a short 10 minutes or so they warmed up and Miriam even gave Kim her classic side to side head tilt and smile. She's turning into a little charmer :-) Maybe they warmed up so fast because they came bearing gifts in true grandma fashion. Being the Craigslist queen she is, Kim scored a couple of Bumbo seats (among other things) and they looked so cute in them! Hopefully they will warm up that fast the next time we are able to see them too.
The week went by all too fast for us. It was nice to have extra pairs of hands to help with feedings, and changings, and entertainment, etc. Here are some of the pictures from the week. I just wish I would have taken a few more.
Happy (and drooly) in the Bumbos!
ALMOST caught her head tilt...but not quite
When Roe gets really excited he puts his fist in his mouth :-)
Miriam in the background happy to watch the fun! She's such a sweety.
She got excited too and almost kicked herself out of the bouncer.
Bath-time with grandma!
He should have been sleeping, but Rowan was all too content to watch the hockey game. Naturally the rest of us were all content to watch him!
Keegan was #2... so I guess it's OK that everyone else is blurry.We can't wait for the next grandma's trip! :-)
1 comment :
I am an idiot, when I saw the first picture of the 2 babies I thought oh look how fun, cousin time. Then I thought duh the twins. They just look so different that you can't tell. I haven't seen you in awhile and I can't believe how big they look. They are so adorable.
Post a Comment