I think most of the time a problem can be improved simply by being made aware a problem actually exists. In this case our beloved Cache Valley doesn't have the cleanest air. The above clickable image shows the current PM 2.5 level in the area. Two-point whaa? When levels reach 35 or higher, Logan declares a "Red Air Day" and advises its residents to reduce driving and burning wood stoves. A couple weeks ago we had the worst air in the nation according to these guys.The question of the day: How does this affect me? See the answer to that and other questions here.
I find it very convienient not to have to worry about vehicle emissions in Cache Valley, and I hope we don't get compelled by the government to act. I really think the townpeople are reasonable and can be counted on to make a change, we just need some kind of a plan. I'm not sure what will motivate us to carpool, take the bus, or ride a bike.
Of course, I like the bike riding idea. I think it's great exercise, and it has saved me from purchasing a second car. I would like to hear if anyone has any ideas on how to make carpooling/bike riding/bus riding "hip"
1 comment :
Here's an idea...maybe SUMMER should come back! Then we'll get on our bikes.
Post a Comment