December 15, 2008

Snow Riding

So the first real snow storm of the season occurred late Friday night. In preparation for this event I have been busy building a snow bike. I had to return a book to the local library so I thought this would be a good opportunity to test the bad boy out. The ole GT actually fared ok, there was a bit of slipping involved, probably more than I would have liked and that's why I'm adding a pair of these tires to my Christmas list. As you can see, visibility was no problem for passing drivers. This morning it was about 5° F but I stayed surprisingly warm. My biggest obstacle this winter will be the packed snow/ice.

4 comments :

The Lotts said...

Good luck with that. I hate just walking in the snow and you are gonna ride in it.

Hilary said...

Yeah. You are a little crazy. And I am a huge wimp.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shaeli said...

That bike rocks...