November 4, 2008

Intolerance


I hope you can see the irony in this advertisement for opposing California's Proposition 8. Can see you what kind of monsters Mormon missionaries are? As you can see from this video you should vote No on 8 otherwise ambassadors of Jesus Christ will engage in theft, take away your 5th Amendment rights, and rifle through your underwear drawer. In fact, when I served my mission in Nebraska, that's ALL we did. Sometimes I wish we would have just knocked on people's doors and invited them to hear about the origin of the Book of Mormon.

OK, in case you missed the sarcasm above please visit preservingmarriage.org to see how I really feel and learn the facts. I can't believe in this day and age Mormons are still being misunderstood to the point of persecution. People would flip if race was the issue here. However, I'm glad I can still publish this info on a blog funded by an opponent of the Proposition. If you are in California vote YES on Proposition 8!

6 comments :

Lacee Jo-nes said...

that commercial is infuriating

Jayme said...

wow... lost for words.

Hilary said...

I agree completely with your comment on race. Why do people think it's still okay for people to persecute because of religion? Isn't it written right next to race, that America won't tolerate that?

It makes me really mad thinking about the consequences of this ad, if only the "bad guys" were an entire race. Not cool.

Anonymous said...

This comment is on Health Care(I know I am in the wrong section but thought I would get more coverage under this one.) A national health care plan is not that simple and I have no faith in Congress right now. There are extremes on both sides that prevent a reasonable compromise. Some folks pint to other Country's plans as a working example but close examination will show considerable flaws. For this plan to work everyone would have to belong (including Congress) and everyone would have to pay something. Not everything would covered and we would need to lower our expectations. Folks would have to take responsibility for their own health. Healthy life styles would be rewarded. Bad life styles penalized. Any plan would need input from doctors and insurance companies. I am not very hopeful.

Jennifer Lyn said...

Wow! That commercial is intense. Didn't we track like that in good ol' MO? jk So I found your blog and was excited to catch up on what you guys are doing! I haven't seen you forever. Congrats on graduating! That is exciting! You can check us out at k-jecbelnap.blogspot.com

Shaeli said...

Agreed. It has been quite an eye-opener witnesses the riots here in SLC at Temple Square. Interesting to see church members turn in opposition against the church's views on the matter. Sign of the times.