1: A peculiarity of behavior; an idiosyncrasy: "Every man had his own quirks and twists" Harriet Beecher Stowe.
2: An unpredictable or unaccountable act or event; a vagary: a quirk of fate.
Rules: Link the Person who Tagged you. Mention rules on your blog. Tell about 6 quirks of yours. Tag 6 fellow bloggers to do the same. Leave a comment to let them know.
Well, its only taken me about a month, but I'm finally sitting down to write about my quirks. (Thanks for the tag Jayme...sometimes I need a little extra something to get me to blog!)
1) We have a little feature in our sweet mini-van that lets you push the power-lock button while the door is open, then after the door shuts it waits about 3 seconds before locking the doors. I personally love this feature because if I ever happen to leave my keys inside- I usually realize it within the 3 seconds and can retrieve my keys. But the quirk comes in when I'm back from grocery shopping. I'll do my natural habit of pushing the lock button before shutting the door...then race around to the other side of the van to open the sliding door where my groceries are before it locks. I've gotten pretty quick ;-) haha- It's the little things in life that bring joy.
2) Keegan calls this quirk, the drinking bird.

Some of you may remember the old perpetual motion "drinking bird' toys that bend at the joints to dip into a glass of water. According to Keegan, whenever I need to pick something up off the ground, I bend like a drinking bird. It's a woman thing I guess.
3) I squint a lot! I don't really notice too much, but I do it whenever I am reading something, on the computer, or watching TV. My eyes aren't the best but I rarely wear my glasses (except while driving) because they broke awhile ago. Even when they're not broke I just don't like having to go find them. Is laziness a quirk? ;-) So the familiar phrase in our house has become, "Need your specks beb? You're like Squintin Tarentino over there!"
4) This quirk will also attest to my laziness, but when I'm getting ready for bed at night, a lot of times if the clothes I wore are still clean, instead of putting those clothes away, I lay them to the side of my bed. If I have any other unfinished projects, they are also put to the side of the bed. For a long time growing up I had a chair in my room that I'd lay my clothes on.... clean laundry that I had to put away, jackets, papers, etc. I am getting better at this, but if you were to check the side of the bed any given day of the week other than cleaning days, pretty sure you'd find something that shouldn't be there. It also doesn't help that I always think random things can be used for some other project in the future so I rarely throw things away.
5) I pluralize words that don't need to be pluralized. The most common examples are, Portland Saturday Market is Saturday's Market, Groundhog day is Groundhogs day, and when we were trying to think of more examples, I really did think that Bennihana restauraunt was Benihana's :-)
6) This last one is probably Keegan's least favorite and something that I'm pretty sure actually gets on his nerves. (He's pretty patient and I'd like to think I'm not annoying....so that's saying something ;-) But, sometimes I get so caught up with what I'm trying to say that while I'm eating, I don't stop to chew my food all the way before continuing and just stuff the food into my cheeks. This is at its worst when we're eating dinner together on a week night. We have some good conversations and I just don't want to stop and chew before I reply! It just saves time to eat and talk right? I'm trying to be more time efficient! Too bad its at the expense of being gross ;-) I also used to think that I'd do this only at home around him, but he kindly will say the common phrases of "Keep chewin' that" or "Why don't ya keep chewing beb?" It's pretty funny- but definitley something I need to work on so that I'm not an embarrassment to the Garrity name!
Now it's time for Clara, Julee, Mikael, Tasha, & the Jen's (Brinkerhoff & Crowther) to reveal their quirks.
P.S- I usually will say Crowthers ;-) haha
5 comments :
So that crib was the one we got for Christmas with our cabbage patch dolls, and yes I still have "Cynthia" which is now Helena's. :) I figured it needed an update to make it Helena's. I was going to wait for Christmas to give it to her but I couldn't help myself. :)
not sure if I'll do the "tag" but maybe . . . :)
HAHAHA! You kill me! Love it!! At least I know you know how to say my last night right, compared to most everyone else who hasn't a clue. :) I will do your quirk survey once I finally update my blog....yeah it's only been two months...I'm gonna get on it! Oh and the whole you putting food into your cheeks...you totally do! I can picture it right now. :) I think it's funny, not gross. :) Love u!!!!
Martha, I have to say Jeb isn't into the whole blog thing... but we tend to read the "Keegan and Martha" blog together and enjoy the great stories. Jeb finds Keegan pretty darn funny (as do I) and you are SO unbelievable cute!!! We love you both and always get a kick from your posts. Thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment