July 30, 2008

Pioneer Day on the Lake

This past weekend was definitely a great one for us. Since Utah celebrates their pioneer legacy with a day off on the 24th of July, we took the opportunity to meet up with one of my favorite friends from high school Julee, and her husband Danny. Julee had called to tell me they would be in Bear Lake for the weekend and I'm so glad she did! Keegan and I had wanted to go up to Bear Lake a few weeks before to meet up with one of my favorite Ricks College friends but we weren't able to... so we just HAD to go this time!

My little sister was going up the same day as us so we hitched a ride with her and her roommate and then met up with the George's near the entrance to North Beach. We spent the day enjoying a picnic on the beach, basking in the sun, playing a game of water football, competing in a friendly game of Nerts, philosophizing about ... I forgot...(I obviously wasn't too involved in the deeper convos haha ;-) and finishing the day off with a "famous raspberry shake." For those of you familiar with bear lake you'll know that just about every little food place in Garden City claims to have "famous" raspberry shakes. However, as Danny informed us, there is only ONE that has genuine Bear Lake raspberries in their shakes... the Quick N' Tasty! Unfortunately the covered wagon in the front was occupied so we took our pioneer day shakes to enjoy in the shade covered picnic tables. MMM mmm!

1 comment :

Mikael said...

cute! I wish I could have been there with you and Julee. I miss you!!! I will have to put your blog on my blog list. LOVE YOU MARTHA!!!
http://mikaelmonson.blogspot.com/