July 30, 2008

God Bless Utah Drivers...

because they need all they can get! For the love if I can just vent for a bit.... Keegan and I have lived in a lot of different parts of the U.S but never have I been in a place where so frequently people forget the basics of driving. The classic that is the motivating force behind this post, is the four-way stop. That's it! I have gotten used to the fact that merging and fast lanes have long escaped the majority of the great people in this state, but please just a simple four-way stop! Today I even found myself talking each car through whose turn it was to go... it was actually kind of funny. I'm sure if a passerby saw my expressions and could have heard me that instead of thinking that I was crazy they would have sympothized with me.

I guess I have succombed to road rage in my little Logan, UT. We've recently moved to a new part of town where to get to our house there's at least one 4-way so I've been dealing with them a lot more lately. Maybe I should just chill like the rest of the community and not be in such a rush that I can't spare another 30 seconds of hesitation from a couple of cars every time I come to a four-way. Or maybe I should keep hoping that my baby talking them through each step will eventually help the situation ;-)

4 comments :

Jayme said...

Martha,
I hear you load and clear! I get the worst road rage in my car.

My last incident was bad. This guy almost hit us cause he was about to miss his exit. I wasn't even driving, but I reached over Jeb and laid on the horn. Probably not the best way to react but since then I've realized that I have a problem and need to relax a little.

One more thing, Oregon has the SLOWEST drivers. AHH! That was nice to just let it all out. :)

Thanks for the great topic!

Clara said...

I feel for you, truly! And agree with you 100%!! One of the reasons why I'm glad I don't live there anymore! :)

The Lotts said...

I SECOND THAT!!!!! Martha I felt like I was writing your last post because everything you feel is how I feel and how i think pretty much everyone not from Utah feels!

The Georges said...

AMEN!!!