May 27, 2008

Be-lated Birthday Blogging

Well, it's now the end of May and I've been meaning to write about my birthday which was more than a month ago. So here it is just a little late.
I wasn't really expecting too much on my birthday this year because for one we were super poor after paying our taxes (even more-so than normal) and two, because I had a pretty hectic day and not much time for play. I am more of a "little things" person and was excited for a day of those but it turned out to be much more.

Keegan and I normally touch base a few times during the school/work day and so he knew about my busy day after I got back from teaching school. I was kind of bummed that I would only have about an hour to spend with him that day but then I had birthday surprise number one: My Monday night class got canceled which also meant I didn't have to spend any time finishing my assignment for it! So I let him know as soon as I found out which was just a couple of hours before I got home. I was so happy about not having to go to that class! I was extra happy when I walked in the door and was greeted by my also happy husband who had surprise number two up his sleeve.

I changed out of my teacher clothes and was then solicited to help take out our recycling. It was a really nice day in Logan and the words, "I feel like going on a bike-ride" were on the tip of my tongue. As we got to the back of the house I saw a familiar site leaning up against the brick wall; a blue tandem bicycle and picnic basket :-) Keegan had once again borrowed this from a friend and had packed us a picnic lunch/dinner complete with PB&J's and birthday cake! It was awesome and he planned it out perfectly. We rode about 2 miles to Adam's Park (downhill) and enjoyed our meal together, relaxed in the sun, and opened presents. After an hour or so we rode a couple of blocks to Grady's house and returned his bike. Then we walked another block to the bus stop and rode the bus home (uphill). I got back just in time to leave for an appointment.

Keegan's a pretty thoughtful guy and I have to say that he always makes the most of any situation- so even though we couldn't afford an extravagant dinner or expensive gifts, I couldn't have been more content with my picnic and little present. It was one of the best birthdays ever :-)

3 comments :

Hilary said...

That sounds like so much fun. Good job Keegster!

Jen and Tyson said...

Hooray for a super cute creative Husband! Glad your bday was splendid!!! Love ya!!!

Megan Curtis said...

Happy belated birthday. Sounds like a lot of fun. Glad I was able to find your blog.