ha insisted we get a photo in front of the tulips. While we were there I ran into Sam Adams, a pal from high school, and his wife Anna. That evening was Nolan and Amber's reception which was held in my folks' backyard. We really enjoyed running into everyone we've known for so long and catching up with those friends. One of the highlights while we were home was a visit to the coast. We went to a beach just past Seaside in Gearhart at Del Rey state park. I really like that particular beach because driving on it is permissible, it's never crowded, and best of all the waters are always good for skim boarding. Kess and Hailey came with us too, and I'm glad they did because they were good company. On the way back we stopped on the side of the road to purchase some authentic beef jerky which was quite tasty. We also stopped to try out the new McDonald's chicken sandwhich, which I don't recommend. There will always be a special place in my heart for Carl's Jr. spicy chicken. It simply cannot be beat.While home, we caught one of Seth's track meets, the district time-trials in fact. Seth sure is a speedy son-of-a-gun and he qualified for state. After the meet, we went over to the Valley theater just next to Jesuit and Sam hooked us up with a flick. After the show, he took us behind the scenes to see how it all worked. We actually found it quite interesting--a great supplement to the movie itself.
I really enjoyed messing with the Stang while I was home, I came up with a new and long list of improveme
nts I would like to make. We were actually going to drive it back to Utah, but instead ending up taking the Monson's Lumina. This worked out well for us because I wasn't sure where I would put the stang come winter, and this way Karinne would have a car. The Monson's were very generous to let us take it. In fact while we were home both of our folks took good care of us and were unselfish in all they did. We sure have great parents and quite a legacy to live up to. I sure hope we can do it. The drive home was pleasant, we took some of the scenic routes such as the Old Columbia Highway. Oregon sure is a beautiful state and we hope to make it back to the NW soon. On the way back we stayed in Boise with Jesse, a buddy of mine from BSU that I have continued to stay in touch with. We ate out at the Texas Road House that evening for my birthday dinner. The ribs are delicious there, as good as any. We arrived in Utah Sunday evening and now its time to go back to real life and commence the job hunt.
No comments :
Post a Comment