July 31, 2013
This one time, in high school...
about the time instant messenger was getting more popular, I was talking to Keegan late at night. After a couple hours, he told me he was hungry and that grilled cheese sounded really good. It was almost 2am, but I told him if he came over to my house I'd fire up the grill. I was pretty surprised when he responded he was on his way out the door!
I was starting to get tired before this, but I jolted and ran down stairs to the kitchen. I laughed to myself as I tried not to wake everyone up with the clanking of pots and pans. He only lived about 10 minutes away, so about the time he rolled up, I brought out the grilled cheese to his parents big van. We sat there eating and talking until I saw my front porch light flickering... the sign from my mom it was time to come inside. My mom was always so awesome about things like that, and I'm glad she trusted me. No lecture, just a 'what are you doing?' a little smile, and a 'now get to bed!'
Little did I know that I'd be making this FireyOne07 many more meals, and talking to him late into the night on a regular basis. :-)
*I sure enjoyed a good late night grilled cheese tonight! It got me feeling a little sentimental :-)

No comments :
Post a Comment