How have some of you or your spouses reacted when this has happened? I'm really not out in public a lot while I'm pregnant (mostly because of restrictions for how much I can be on my feet, but partly because I just don't go out too much in general), so maybe this situation would be more common if I was.
June 5, 2011
Double Tap
I had my first non-family member belly rub today at church. It was more like a double tap then a rub which was a good thing :-) Thankfully it was from a good friend and I could tell she was just so sincere in wanting to touch my belly. (haha- that sentence just sounds funny.) I admit I still felt a little invaded but there was no way I could be mad or say something afterward to let her know. She is really a sweet person and I think, at the moment, was just a little aloof to social boundaries ;-) She's been my friend for a couple of years and because I was MIA with the twins, and we've normally had big coats on the past few times we've seen each other, this was the first time she's really seen my pregnant belly.
How have some of you or your spouses reacted when this has happened? I'm really not out in public a lot while I'm pregnant (mostly because of restrictions for how much I can be on my feet, but partly because I just don't go out too much in general), so maybe this situation would be more common if I was.
How have some of you or your spouses reacted when this has happened? I'm really not out in public a lot while I'm pregnant (mostly because of restrictions for how much I can be on my feet, but partly because I just don't go out too much in general), so maybe this situation would be more common if I was.
6 comments :
Hey Momma! I didn't realize you were pregnant again. Congrats!
As for the belly rubbing, I had people I didn't even know, mostly at the grocery store, touch my belly with both pregnancies. That is always creepy even if it is a 90 year old woman.
I was always uncomfortable with people other than family touching my belly. I love the comic! Every pregnant woman needs one of those, especially during those last weeks!
I had that happen a lot when I was pregnant with Myra and working at the Animal Hospital. I should send you one of these:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/62649543/scrabble-tile-pendant-do-not-touch-the?ga_search_query=bump&ga_search_type=user_shop_ttt_id_5973245
Thanks Kathie! Miss you!! Joe- Was that commen from you or Bonnie? ;-) Shannon- haha- I saw that one last time I was looking through your stuff and I seriously considered it!
Funny I love belly taps and am surprised I haven't given you one yet :)
sorry, that comment was from Bonnie. I didn't realize that Joe was signed in! hahaha!
Post a Comment