October 17, 2010

Goodbye Chair

After moving we wanted some more space in our living room. First we listed the love-sac on Craigslist but I just couldn't let that one go. :-) So instead I listed the recliner that I used while the babies really were babies. Because it was thoughtfully given to us by someone from church we decided to go the Freecycle route. Within the first few hours we had several people who wanted it but one stood out. There was a woman that asked me if it would work for nursing since she was going to have a baby soon. Would it ever! I knew she was the one this chair needed to go to!

Now, it may be silly to get so fond of something like a chair, but when spending SO much time in something ... you can't help but get attached! Miri and Roe had nearly all of their feedings there for the first six months and then it slowly turned into a night time only chair and then a place to read books and climb on. They would climb up onto the love-sac and then the chair and sit and rock. They were so cute on it :-)

So in tribute - here's a collection of some of our memories on "the chair." The last one was just a few minutes before it was picked up and taken to a new home.

2 comments :

Clara said...

Holy cow they are getting so big! I sure miss you guys and can't wait for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Oh they're soooo cute!