We arrived Thursday night and it was nice to spend time talking with Keegan's parents. Friday was pretty relaxing and again spent over at the Garrity house until we headed over to my house in the afternoon. Keegan and the boys went and played basketball while the girls prepared things for the BBQ and I crocheted. I learned a few new tricks from my cousin Amy who traveled from Texas. She's a pro! I was also able to see all four of my mom's sisters and I just love them! They are so much fun! It was such a nice change of scenery to be out of bed but still bed-ridden. I'm very grateful for comfortable couches and chairs that recline :-)
The BBQ was fun and I even got to meet Seth's "Frrrriennnd" is what he called her. The highlight was when Grandpa Monson asked her if she was "friendly" with Seth. hahaha. Too funny. Keegan made his entrance a little late so he missed a lot of the action and best food, but he was spending time with his Mustang. (The only thing I have over this "baby" is that he won't have it forever!) His younger brother has been driving it lately so he taught him how to change the oil and filter and flushed the radiator fluid. I think that may have been one of the highlights for him. :-)
The next morning we got to sleep in a bit and then made our way to the temple for Karinne's sealing. I sat in the back of the car despite being offered shot-gun and started feeling queasy after only driving for about 15 minutes. Thankfully we made it the other 15 and then sat down in a waiting room chapel. The queasiness progressed and I had to leave to find a bathroom. Keegan's mom followed me in and held my hair back for me this time so that was nice. I'm thinking my body just isn't used to so much motion anymore- so I'd get lightheaded and feel like I was spinning...and then lose it about 20 minutes later. I was glad I got it all out before everything started .... I felt SO much better afterward! And after all of the morning sickness this really wasn't too bad.
The sealing was great and I was feeling like I really would have regretted it if I wasn't there. I've been able to see several sealings but I hadn't seen one of my siblings until then. Temple marriages are incredible and I am so glad I got to see it.
After being escorted through the temple and temple grounds in a wheel chair and taking pictures, we made our way back home to the Garrity's. We ate lunch and then I took a long nap. That was a lot of activity for a bed-ridden girl! I slept about 3 hours! We found out at about 6pm we were supposed to have met at the church for reception pictures at 5...so we hurried and got ready and then took a few more pictures. My family had brought a nice plush red chair for me to sit on during the reception and in between pictures. I felt kind of foolish but have to admit it was nice to be so comfortable there. I was able to see LOTS of old friends from the area and I had a blast. People kept re-filling my food plate and drink and I was once again very well taken care of with great company.Towards the end of the night the florist (family friend) brought me my assigned project. When Keegan and I got married, Karinne was a couple of days away from having knee surgery from a torn ACL. She wasn't able to help out much and wanted to do something, so her job was to pick off all of the flower petals and put them in little cups. Then people would use to the cups to toss the petals at me and Keegan as we left. Now a few years later this naturally became my job :-) I had lots of helpers including Seth's friend and her mom (who is also a good friend of mine).
We got all of the petals off in time to send Karinne and Dalen off. I didn't see their departure or how tacky their car was decorated, but I heard it all went well. They looked so happy the whole day! I just kept thinking how glad I was that they would be living in Logan and I'd get to see them a lot after they got back from honeymooning. There's not a lot of time to get to chat with the bride right before and on her wedding day... so it was nice that I didn't feel like I wouldn't be able to talk to her afterward.
Keegan took me home shortly after they left and almost all of the decorations were already taken down and the church's "cultural hall" looked like a gym again. :-) There were so many people helping! I said my goodbyes to aunts, cousins and friends and fell asleep shortly after getting home. It was a good day.
Sunday was another relaxing day spent chatting with family which is always nice. We headed out Monday early afternoon. My dad played airport chauffeur for about the 4th time that weekend and even gave up his trip to the zoo with the grand kids to take us. I was again wheeled by Keegan to the gate and this flight it only took me about 45 minutes of flying to lose it. (This time there wasn't anyone sitting next to us though which is good. And we knew right where the barf bag was. :-) I am impressed at how well those things hold fluid!) My aunt met us at the airport with our van and then we were headed back to Logan. We made a slight detour in Brigham so I could pick up all of my personal things from the high school. A lot of the other teachers had done almost everything for me! I had been stressed about it before but everything looked great. We sorted through just a few things, Keegan hauled a few boxes to the car, and that was that. And the end of our trip!
5 comments :
Martha, I just found your blog from Madsens -- Holy Cow!! You are having twins! Huge congratulations! I hope that all is going well and you are surviving the bed-ridden time. Best of luck!
Just kidding, I meant I found it from the Lotts blog, which I found from the Madsens blog.... either way, glad I found you!
I'm glad you had a fun trip. Sorry about the motion sickness! I hope you are feeling well now.
I was hoping you'd still be able to go to the wedding even though you're on bedrest. I'm glad it went well, even with some mishaps :) Congrats to Karinne!
So do you normally get sick while travelling or do you really think it is just becaue you haven't been able to be active. That is so weird. Your sister looks so much like you. Anyway I am glad that you got to go and that you were still able to take it relatively easy.
Post a Comment