May 11, 2009

National Bike Month

Did you know that May is National Bike Month? In connection with the designation, this week (May 11-15) is Bike-to-Work week. If you live within five miles of your workplace, I hereby challenge you to get on your bike and ride! Get on google maps and plot out your course, pump up those old tires, and give it a go. You gotta at least try it ONE day this week. Here are some reasons why I ride to work every day:
  • 30 minutes or more of exercise per day
  • Arrive to work alert and energetic, not groggy
  • See parts of the town I may have otherwise missed
  • Easier to fall asleep at night
  • Avoided purchasing a second vehicle and associated costs (registration fees, insurance, gas etc.)
  • Reduces pollution in Cache Valley
  • Provided a new hobby
Should you decided to take the challenge, let me know how it goes!

1 comment :

Martha said...

May I be exempt from that challenge this year if I promise to make it up next year? ;-)