May 5, 2009

Geurts Wedding

Last weekend one of my best buds tied the knot. We woke up early Saturday morning to carpool with Nolan and Amber to Bountiful, where the ceremony was held. The trip took just a little longer than expected due to the precipitation. Alanis Morissette might have considered this situation ironic, but I just thought rain on Mikey and Kim's wedding day was bad luck. Our ascent to the temple seemed as though we were traveling above the clouds, the sky was very overcast. Despite the weather, we arrived safely on time. The wedding went well, both Mikey's folks were in attendance, as well as his older brother, I know that meant a lot to em, so I'm glad they could make it.

Afterward, all of Mikey's pals from Oregon met up at Marie Calendar's. Did you know they have a burger combo that comes with pie at the end for just $8? Delicious. I'm glad we were able to sit down and catch up with some friends we haven't chatted with in awhile.

The reception went well; pretty typical. Punch and cake were served, a line formed in front of the couple, folks chatted at their round tables. Most of the songs were sorta stuffy (like the ones listed below) and just when I thought all was lost, this slammin track came on and the fellas started bustin out.



I might add that the above footage doesn't showcase their best stuff–it's better than I could do that's for sure–that's why I chose to work the camera instead, but it sure gave the party the boost of energy it needed.

Mikey and Kim engaged in their first slow dance as a married couple and then invited others to join. Martha and I seized this opportunity and while dancing we commented to one another that we hadn't shared a dance in quite awhile. Mikey's brother Joey even tried cutting in but Martha wasn't having any of that. After the dance, things began to wind down, and folks started clearing out. Between the ceremony and the reception, the event occupied the majority of our Saturday, but it was time well spent. With our anniversary coming up on May 6th, we had fun reminiscing about our wedding day just three years ago.

2 comments :

Hilary said...

Dam.

Anonymous said...

nice need to get a cameraman with a zoom