April 27, 2009

Teacher Appreciation

Today in the middle of one of my classes, a random student came in and shoved a pineapple in my hands. My students asked, "What is that for?" and were given the answer of "teacher appreciation!" I was pretty excited b/c we were planning on grilling that night anyway, and I love pineapple!

One of my more mature and thoughtful students asked me if I blogged and told me I should blog about it so I'm taking her advice :-) Some of the other activities they've done and are planing on doing are fairly lame and honestly make me feel the opposite of appreciated, but I'll take free food anytime! Interestingly enough, a lot of the activities seem to reward students more than the teachers. (Makes me wonder who planned them.) For example they have done two things now where if a teacher does something, the students get candy...not sure how that is supposed to show us "appreciation," but I know it makes the kids happy!

3 comments :

Shannon said...

Nice Pineapple!

Jennifer said...

Very nice! Martha, you look great!

Day Family Blog said...

Pineapple huh, interesting, but I do love pineapple too. Students always think that everything should be about them... I guess it gets you ready for how your 2 little ones will think :) I can't wait to hear if the other one is a boy or girl!