April Fool's Day was our next appointment with the ultrasound tech. We both took a half day off work and by the time I got through the canyon to pick Keegan up, I hunger was setting in. Taco Bell met my fast, easy, and cheap requirements so we headed there. As quickly as I decided where to eat I knew what to eat: NACHOS. Although I just made myself nachos the other day, when it comes to this delicacy, it's very sad to say that fake cheese is just SO much better.First off, having a very hungry pregnant lady in a rush to get to a Dr.'s appointment isn't normally the best scenario. Combine that with a line of five cars in a fast food drive-through that advances one car every 3.3 minutes for a total of about 16½ minutes...emotions start running high and needless to say I was not happy.
I stole a couple of bites from Keegan's meal each time we were waiting in traffic (I was driving), and we eventually came to a red light where I could bust open my most recent craving. The plastic was pretty intense; as soon as I began I thought "This is a bad idea." But I pushed forward and when I finally got the stupid plastic thing off, my whole arm slipped with the impact, and my sweater sleeve took off a bunch of the cheese and sour cream. Gross. The light turned green so I handed it over to Keegan–or at least thought I did because as soon as I felt the pressure release, I dropped it... and then ⅔ of my precious nachos spilled on the floor and everywhere in the van. It was sad. We got to the doctor's and I scarfed down as much as I could for a couple seconds, took off my cheesy sweater, and went to check in. (We were late of course.)
Everything with the ultrasound and following appointment to see our doctor went well. However, as of right now we're not 100% sure what we're having. They were pretty squirmy and modest little things! They kept crossing their legs and putting their hands down just at the right times. It was kind of funny. My next ultra sound is on May 6th (our anniversary) and we should find out for sure by then. I'll be about 20 weeks or so.
For those of you who are wondering about why we haven't posted any sonogram pics yet, refer to #6 of this former post.
Side note: After the ultra sound we had to wait about an hour for my doctor to get back from the hospital which is right next door. I just kept thinking... I could have eaten all of the nachos in the world by now. Keegan did a great job of cleaning the car up which was really nice of him and surprisingly I don't smell nachos everytime I get in the car. But I did find a tortilla chip in my purse the next day. haha. Aparently it was a sign that we'll both be cleaning up a lot of messes soon!
5 comments :
Sorry about the Nacho fiasco. And I was going to ask you if you were planning on posting any ultrasound pictures. Haha!
That is very unfortunate- about the nachos and the fact that you don't know what your having yet. I can't wait until May to find out!!
Keegan...I just read your comment on Shaeli's blog and it make me laugh out loud. I forgot how funny you are. Congrats on the baby!!! :)
Keegan is a hoot, he sure is opinionated for a being a guy :) I love that you found a chip in your purse.
You better post U/S pics! I agree with the 1 baby in there, they are all the same. But when you add 2 it is HILARIOUS! I LOVED seeing my little nerds in there together, and family loved to see it too. It just looked like they were chillin inside together, having a party.
OH, and until you are parents you can't diss people posting their baby's pictures all over their blog and nothing else. Before you know it, your blog will no longer consist of anything YOU ARE doing, but everything your little nerds are doing! It is SOOO TRUE! Then you look at it and think "gosh, this is BORING" and throw a couple posts and pictures in there about yourself to humor everyone (wait.... is this just me...)
I LOVE YOU! Hope your pregnancy is going well, besides the barfing...
Post a Comment