March 22, 2009

Bracket Busted!

You hear about it happening to others, but it's just never something you think can happen to you—a busted bracket. Things were looking up for me in the first round until Dayton came out of nowhere and showed West Virginia how the game was played. Guys, would it have killed you to shoot the j? I put them in the elite 8! What a mistake.My thoughts were then turned to the West division where in Boise–less than 300 miles from Logan–my Alma Mater choked in the first round. C'mon big blue, you had full crowd support. It was painful I tell ya. At this point I am just banking on my final four picks: Louiville, Memphis, Pitt, and UNC. I've already lost our office pool at Gecko Software, but I'm hoping I can clinch the contest my wife and I have going. This year we're playing for dinner vs dishes for an entire week. Hopefully things turn out better than last year.

2 comments :

Bradley Day said...

At least you didn't pick Wake Forest to win it all like I did! What was I thinking? I should have listened when I heard they couldn't play "D". Other than that, my bracket looks great...

Aaron said...

I on the other hand am poised to take the crown for the Gecko pool :)