There comes a time in a man's life when he finally has to admit he has a problem. Growing up my mother had some of the fastest typing fingers I ever did see. Naturally, I took advantage of her talent by recruiting her to type most of my school papers. I, of course had no interest in typing at the time since that was reserved for secretaries and computer hackers. Neither of these professions interested me, so I never bothered to learn the basic fundamentals of typing. Then in May of 1997 AOL Instant Messenger was born. A program where I could talk to girls using cleverly prepared statements AND save myself the embarrassment of calling and asking a dad if his daughter was there! Suddenly I had motivation to type. Since I lacked proper typing fundamentals I developed some horrible inefficient method unique to me that has now evolved itself into a monster. I rarely use my ring and pinky fingers so my hands are all over the place. But the crazy thing is I am not, by any means, a slow typist. However, I think my ghetto style has finally reached its full capacity. I therefore announce that I am going back to basics. I am trying, with much difficulty to re-program my brain to type correctly. If anybody has some good tips, please share.
February 26, 2009
Home Row
There comes a time in a man's life when he finally has to admit he has a problem. Growing up my mother had some of the fastest typing fingers I ever did see. Naturally, I took advantage of her talent by recruiting her to type most of my school papers. I, of course had no interest in typing at the time since that was reserved for secretaries and computer hackers. Neither of these professions interested me, so I never bothered to learn the basic fundamentals of typing. Then in May of 1997 AOL Instant Messenger was born. A program where I could talk to girls using cleverly prepared statements AND save myself the embarrassment of calling and asking a dad if his daughter was there! Suddenly I had motivation to type. Since I lacked proper typing fundamentals I developed some horrible inefficient method unique to me that has now evolved itself into a monster. I rarely use my ring and pinky fingers so my hands are all over the place. But the crazy thing is I am not, by any means, a slow typist. However, I think my ghetto style has finally reached its full capacity. I therefore announce that I am going back to basics. I am trying, with much difficulty to re-program my brain to type correctly. If anybody has some good tips, please share.
3 comments :
um...maybe try to keep your wrists on the desk while you type? I never really learned the family row or whatever its called but I pretty much do anyway because i keep my wrists down.
IMing definitely helps with speed, but usually with a limited vocabulary in my case, since I don't IM grown-up words too often.
Oh right, it's HOME Row...like in your title. DUH.
Post a Comment