October 24, 2008

My Urban Assault Commuter

Curiosity prompted a few readers to inquire about the bike that takes me to work every day. As stated before, the bike is a Redline 925. There are a few changes I made from the factory specifications as well as a few accessories I've added since I bought the bike. They are:
  • Riser bars instead of the stock bullhorns
  • Oury grips
  • Forte Shovel pedals w/ reflectors
  • Water bottle cage
  • Removed chain guard
  • Jannd Mountain Wedge II saddle bag (for spare tube, levers, patch kit, carmex, change, etc.)
  • Electra Amsterdam bell
  • Mini Mag Lite with Nite Ize strap, LED conversion kit, and rear push-button cap
  • Zefal HP x3 frame pump
  • rear rack
  • Planet Bike Blinky SuperFlash tail light
Not shown:
  • helmet (safety first!)
  • vintage Aladdin lunchbox from eBay
I highly recommend commuting to work via a bicycle, I have become addicted. It's a great way to kick off the day and beats trying to set aside time to exercise. Biking is a great hobby, the hardest part for me to get into it was the one-time cost of a nice bike. The last couple mornings I rode to work were in the 20s but I'm still going. We'll see if I will be able to endure the snow here in a few weeks.

No comments :