August 6, 2008

Ride to the Water Slides

Friday was a big day. The last few months I've been saving up to either restore the bike I have or buy a new one. After intense research and deep thinking, I decided to buy the Redline 925. I couldn't be happier with it. There are a few things I had Robert at Recycled Bikes swap out for me before I bought it so I would have no regrets. In case you don't know, I'm very particular about making big purchases. I'll have to post pictures of it soon. After I picked up the bike and rode it home, Martha and I set off for the Logan Aquatic Center by bike of course. The stake sponsored the activity, and provided food so it surprised me there weren't more couples there. Oh well, their loss. Me and my pal Ryan ended up jumping off the diving board about a thousand times until we literally slapped ourselves silly on the water. What we lacked in grace we made up for in stupidity. We decided to move on to the water slide and see how far we could skim across the water at the end. Ryan nearly made it to the exit stairs so he won. Our wives seemed to stay entertained by chatting and watching us hurt ourselves as they floated leisurely in the shallow end. We rode our bikes home as it was getting dark and on the way back I just so happen to run over a thorn. I, of course, didn't realize this until the next morning when I went to grab my bike and to my dismay the rear tire was flat. I have been riding my old skool bike back and forth to work for the last two months and the first day I ride the new one I get a flat! It was no prob though, cuz when I went to see Robert he set me up with a tube and patch kit, so I was back on the road in no time.

No comments :