I just finished up my last week of student teaching. I really did love it and I actually miss it and am kind of sad its over. (Never thought I'd say that when I started!) The last week I was there we were learning about the reproduction system in health- everyone's favorite :-) This is always an interesting unit and when the students first found out that they'd be learning about it there were naturally some moans and groans- but not as many as I thought. Both health classes that I taught are full of really great kids and for the most part are pretty mature.
The unit started off on a high note when the students took an opening quiz called "Is it Male or Female." I'll let you figure out the content of the quiz ;-) One of the guys who sits in the front and is fairly outspoken said "How can you take this without smiling?!" It was pretty funny. On my last day this week we watched some clips on the ...laser disk (so old school!) and the last one happened to be a woman in labor.
The clip started with a shot of the woman with husband at side encouraging her to breath... they went through a little breathing exercise together and everything was fine and good until quite unexpectantly the camera moved to the opposite view where we saw the baby crowning and heard a blood curdling scream- not from the mom- but from one of the girls in my class! It was hilarious! Everyone started to laugh but the girl for the most part kept her head in her hands and was hunched over not knowing if it was safe to look up again. When she was assured that it was all over she looked up and then began to laugh with us- but I had never heard a response like that before. :-)
One of the best parts about this was that word got around about her response so the next class period was definitely more prepared for the shocking scene and was even looking forward to it. Oh the joys of teaching high school health! I love it!
Friends & Family
- Aaron & Loren
- AJ & Hilary
- Brad & Janelle
- Chad & Shannon
- Danny & Julee
- Dave & Jennie
- Derek & Mikael
- Doug & Sarah
- Erin
- Fred & Kristina
- Garth & Adria
- Jake & Kimberly
- Jandon & Angela
- Jared & Cheryl
- Jeb & Jayme
- Jeff & Jennifer
- Jim & Kathie
- Joe & Bonnie
- Jose & Krystal
- Kenny & Tasha
- Kessler
- Kevin & Jen
- Kyle & Clara
- Luke & Mariah
- Mike & Brooke
- Nolan & Amber
- Pete & Sandy
- Ryan & Lacee
- Shaeli
- Tyler & Amy
- Tyson & Jen
Labels
- apartment
- Babies
- bike
- birthday
- camping
- challenge
- change
- Christmas
- church
- confession
- date
- Easter
- family
- for fun
- funny
- games
- holiday
- home
- kids
- list
- mix
- mod
- money
- motherhood
- move
- mystery
- politics
- pregnancy
- project
- rant
- rave
- realization
- school
- sports
- story
- summer
- teaching
- Texas
- thoughts
- top 10
- vacation
- winter
- work
1 comment :
that sounds like a GREAT day!
Post a Comment